Really belongs here
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The 1970s. Too little is written about the mechanics of the genre at that time. This collection is short bios and essays by well-regarded writers of the past. Regardless of whether I liked the outputs of the writers, I found this good, informative stuff. There were six contributors. For the benefit of readers of today, with the hindsight of many years, I have included (in parentheses) a representative work. Go check out SF writing as it was.
• Alfred Bester (Tiger! Tiger!
• Damon Knight (best known as a critic and editor, e.g. Orbit 1)
• Frederik Pohl (Gateway)
• Robert Silverberg (Dying Inside)
• Harry Harrison (The Stainless Steel Rat)
• Brian W Aldiss (Non-Stop is worth checking, also well-known as a critic)
View original post 40 more words